- Lehigh University: Teaching assistant in FORTRAN and numerical methods.
- Imperial College: 1985 – June 1991 : I tutored various undergraduate and Masters computing courses, including ones on logic programming (LP), databases principles, and software engineering. From September 1987, I was employed as a research assistant, which included the supervision of two Master projects. For two years, I helped teach a Masters course on concurrent LP.
- University of Melbourne: July 1991 – September 1996. My lecturing duties involved teaching first, second, and Honours level students. The subjects included C, C++, UNIX tools, functional programming, comparison of programming paradigms, sequential and concurrent LP. I supervised one Ph.D student, co-supervised another, and supervised three Masters student. Other duties: first year coordinator, orientation week organizer for the department (4 times).
- PSU, Thailand: October 1996 – September 1998. Teaching included UNIX, network programming, advanced C, Java, and software engineering. I co-supervised two Masters students, and several Honours projects. One of the Masters students won a NECTEC Award. Other duties: helped with the revision of the undergraduate syllabus, and gave advice on the new Masters programme.
- AIT, Thailand: October 1998 – December 1999. Teaching included: client/server distributed systems, and operating systems. I supervised two Masters students, and was on the program committees for several other Masters and Ph.D students. I remain an Adjunct Faculty member, and returned to AIT for two month in 2000 to teach a Masters course.
- Rangsit University, Thailand: October 1998 – December 1999. I taught a course called “Theory of Programming Languages” three times during the year.
- PSU, Thailand: December 1999 – present. Teaching duties have included: “Introduction to Java”, “Mathematics for Computer Engineering”, “Client/Server Distributed Systems”, "Computer Programming Techniques", and “Advanced UNIX Programming” for undergraduate students. I was a guest lecturer in the software engineering course, talking about UML. I taught an advanced Java course, centered around J2EE, to the Masters students. I am currently supervising eight final year undergraduate students in their project work
Publications since 1998
- Loke, S.W., and Davison, A. 1998a. 'LogicWeb: Enhancing the Web with Logic Programming', Journal of Logic Programming, Vol. 36(3), September, pp.195-240.
- Loke, S.W., and Davison, A. 1998b.'Implementation of a System for Declarative Mobile Code and Web Querying', INAP'98: 11th Int. Conf. on Applications of Prolog, Tokyo, September 14th-16th.
- Davison, A. 1999. 'A Concurrent Logic Programming Model of the Web', PACLP'99: The 7th Int. Conf. and Exhibition on the Practical Application of Constraints and Logic Programming, London, UK, April.
- Davison, A., and Loke, S.W. 1999. 'LogicWeb: Enhancing the Web with Logic Programming ', Invited Talk at International Workshop on Information Integration and Web-based Applications and Services, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, November 15th-17th
- Jirachiefpattana, A., Santhititham, D., Davison, A., and Jirachiefpattana, W. 1999. 'Logic Agents for Deductive Diary Database on the Web', NCSEC'99: The 1999 National Computer Sci. and Eng. Conf., Bangkok, Thailand, December 16th-17th.
- Davison, A. 2001. "15th July 1972: A Significant Moment for Logic Programming" (39K), Logic Programming Newsletter, Vol 14/1, February. Previously appeared in SIGPLAN Notices, 1st April, 1993.
- Davison, A. 2001. 'Enhancing VRML97 Scripting' (17K zipped Word file), Euromedia'2001, Valencia, Spain, April 18-20, pp.72-77.
- Chochai, T. and Davison, A. 2001. "Teaching Distributed Programming Concepts using a Java and Logo-based Framework" (88K), IC'2001: Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Internet Computing, Las Vegas, USA, June 25th-28th, pp.311-316.
- Davison, A. 2001. 'Free Windows', Op. Ed. piece at the Dr. Dobb's Journal Web Site, June 26th. Unfortunately, it disappeared in 2010, but you can still read the original.
- Davison, A. 2001. 'Logic Programming Languages for the Internet' (120K), Chapter in Computational Logic: From Logic Programming into the Future, Antonis Kakas, Fariba Sadri (eds.), Springer Verlag.
- Loke, S.W. and Davison, A. 2001. "Secure Prolog Based Mobile Code" (152K), Theory and Practice of Logic Programming, Vol. 1, No. 3, May, pp.321-357.
- Rattana, A. and Davison, A. 2001. "N-Sums: A Framework for Web-based Search Engines" (144K), IIWAS 2001: The 3rd Int. Conf. on Info. Integration and Web-based Applications and Services, Linz, Austria, September 10th-12th, pp.175-184.
- Leemakul, B., Saeliw, P. and Davison, A. 2002. "Supporting the SBR Style of Web Usage" (148K), IC 2002: Int. Conf. on Internet Computing, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 24th-27th. A pictureof the talk, as presented in the CoE department.
- Davison, A. 2004. Incremental Rules for Growing Plants" (164K), Euromedia 2004, Hasselt, Belgium, April 19th-21st.
- Davison, A. 2005a. Killer Game Programming in Java, O'Reilly Media, May.
- Davison, A. 2005b. "Playing Movies in a Java 3D World, Parts 1 and 2", Online at OnJava.com, June.
- Davison, A. 2006a. "Searching Semi-structured Data Using Landmarks" (170K), Euromedia 2006, Athens, Greece, April 17th-19th.
- Davison, A. 2006b. "The Myths (and Truths) of Java Games Programming" (Invited Paper) (57K), Game'On 2006, Braunschweig, Germany, November 29th - December 1st, and at AGDS, the Asian Game Developers Summit, Singapore, December 9th-10th.
- Davison, A. 2007a. Pro Java 6 3D Game Development, Apress, April.
- Davison, A. 2007b. "Notes on a JOGL Active Rendering Framework" (79K), CyberGames 2007, Manchester, UK, September 10th - 11th.
- Lonapalawong, P. and Davison, A. 2007. "Improving Response Time in a Client/Server 3D Mobile Game" (181K), CyberGames 2007, Manchester, UK, September 10th - 11th.
- Davison, A. and Radenahmud, S. 2008. "Comparing M3G and JSR-239 for 3D Games Programming" (208K), CGames 2008, Wolverhampton UK, November 3rd - 5th.
- Sui, Y. and Davison, A. 2009. "Rendering Water and Land Interaction using a Spring System" (498K), Game-On 2009: 10th Int. Conf. on Intelligent Games and Simulation, Dusseldorf, Germany, Nov. 26-28th, pp.25-29.
- Hamer, C. and Davison, A. 2010 Learning BlackBerry Game Development, Apress, April.